Taekwondo In Action has been providing martial arts instruction for children and adults in the Centreville/Fairfax area for over a decade. After many years of focusing on the martial arts structure of the school; we began offering our innovative Martial Arts Summer/Spring/Winter Camps. Taekwondo In Action’s seasonal camps offer a safe, exciting, and educational experience for children 5 through 12 years of age. Both full week and partial week programs are available, and we offer camp almost all summer long… a full 11 weeks! In addition, our well trained, enthusiastic, and professional staff enjoy providing each child an opportunity to learn, mature, and have fun in a safe environment. Call or visit us today and have your child join us for a great Summer, Spring and Winter!
Summer camp operation
- Students arrive anytime after 7:30am to start the day.
- Upon their arrival students will be guided to “Activity room 1” where they may store their belongings in their personal cubbies.
- First thing in the morning students will be on a flexible schedule that includes: movies, board games, coloring, or fun class.
- At 9:45am everyone will line up in “Dojang 1” to take attendance and go over the rules and schedule.
- From 10:00am to 11:30am students will be separated into two groups which will be rotated through taekwondo class or an arts and craft activity.
- After class, students will have their lunch and enjoy social time with friends.
- Once lunch is all cleaned up students will line up again in “Dojang 1” to prepare for the daily field trip.
- Approximately from 1:00pm to 3:30pm; students and staff will go to the designated field trip location.
- From 3:30pm to 4:00pm students will have snack time to relax and socialize with friends.
- Once snack is over students will enter a rotation period where they will be grouped by age to play fun class, electronics, or enter the movie room.
- After 5:00pm students will have free time until the arrival of parents to get picked up.
Whether campers are spending the day swimming in an outdoor pool, visiting a museum or historic park, going to the movies to catch the latest Summer hit, knocking down pins at a bowling alley, or just playing in the playgrounds and parks, you can be sure your child will be enjoying an exciting Summer. Our campers are exposed to a variety of different field trips that are not only fun but also educational. To end the week, every Friday, campers are treated to a pizza party or party at area restaurants where they can expect more fun and games, and of course, food!
AR Program (Academic Readiness Program)
Taekwondo In Action uses K-7 Mathematics Module on number, number sense, related worksheets and hands-on activities to get your children mathematically ready for their upcoming school year. We only use content that is provided to us by the Virginia Department of Education, so that your children get the most accurate and relevant content. Each of our staff members are fully equipped to teach students in-depth strategies and problem solving skills. We want to prepare each of our students to be ready to conquer their next year of school with confidence!
Here at T.I.A we have a scientific experiment every other week to promote critical thinking and problem solving. Along with that we want our students to learn how to work well in teams to accomplish a goal. Our well experienced staff provides a safe and age suitable lesson for our students.