After School Martial Arts Program
The Centreville/Fairfax after school program at T.I.A. is filled with productive yet fun activities, so your children will constantly be doing something here at our school. We want to provide a good atmosphere for your children to thrive in. There is nothing more important to us than the safety of your children and the self confidence we can help nurture to them.
Throughout the year there will be select days that are set aside for students to participate in
- Character building lessons
- Special community service projects
- Field trips
- Special guest speakers
Daily operation in After school
An average day at our Centreville/Fairfax after school program will consist of:
- As students get dismissed from school; they will be greeted by one of our drivers to be transported to our facility.
- When the students arrive at the facility they will be prompted to change into their taekwondo uniforms which are always stored in their personal cubby assigned to them.(Except on Wednesdays because a physical activity/game will replace taekwondo class)
- As soon as students finish their taekwondo class they will be directed into the study room to either complete their homework from school, or they will read a book for 15-20 minutes.
- Students may enjoy their snack during their designated study time.
- Only after students finish all their school work may they participate in fun productive activities that our staff has set up each week.
- Students will constantly be on a rotation system, so each student will have an opportunity to participate in each station.
- This rotation system will continue until 6:30pm which by then parents will have picked up their children.
Parents may call our facility prior to their arrival to specify whether their child will be picked up at the front, or they may be picked up from our kiss and ride located at the back of our facility.
Why Choose Our After-School Programs for Your Child
Are you considering enrolling your child in our after-school program here at Taekwondo in Action? We have a lot to offer for children of every age. Here are just a few reasons why your child will love the programs here – and you’ll love knowing they’re here with us every day:
Some of the most dangerous times for children are the hours directly after school is dismissed. While parents are still at work and school is no longer in session, children are often poorly supervised and may be injured, may make dangerous decisions, or may simply not have the resources they need. Enrolling them in an after-school program provides these resources and gives them something fun to do when the school day ends.
Most students today do not get enough exercise. It’s a fact that the pediatrician-recommended 30-90 minutes of physical activity a day is not provided by public schools, and most children do not have the opportunity for this at home, either. At Taekwondo in Action, our after-school program focuses heavily on physical activity and fitness, so your student gets all the health benefits while enjoying some fun.
Another resource that many students lack at home and in other after-school childcare programs is help with homework assignments. Because of this, many of these children struggle in school. In our after-school program, we transition from physical activities to homework assistance to give our attendees as well-rounded experience and all the help they need to succeed.
What do students do once their homework is finished? Play! At our programs, students who have finished their physical activities and homework help sessions are invited to participate in engaging crafts, entertaining activities, and games that will keep them moving, thinking, and laughing right up until they are dismissed at the end of the day. With so much to do, it’s no wonder so many children and families adore our after-school options!
All Within Reach
The best part about all these benefits? They’re all close at hand? Our after-school program is available in both Centerville and Fairfax, VA, giving you local options for your kids to enjoy engaging, educational, and entertaining options for enrichment after the school day ends.
If you’re looking for a safe and fun alternative to other after-school childcare options in the area, consider the programs here at Taekwondo in Action, and consider your kids engaged!